I would call them a necessary evil. They have successfully retired tons of other devices like the walkman, calculator, alarm clock, etc.
“I thought the invention of the mobile phone was to save our time & money, but we are doing exactly the opposite.”Srinivas Shenoy
This episode is for parents who want to be sure that technology doesn’t harm their child and family.
I have tons of mommy friends and my patients as well, who complain that their child spends too much time on the screens, won’t step out to play ball, or socialize with friends except during school. And now with the pandemic even that has ended.
It’s all over the social media, moms asking in various FB (facebook support groups),
“Is it ok if my 2 year old doesn’t eat without the television?”
I think most of us know the answer to that. But for those of us who still live under a rock, NO it’s not fine when your two year old is glued to the screens.It has a huge impact on their developing brain. Another reason
“My toddler loves playing games on the iPad for hours on end and he’s good at it too. Do I need to worry?”
- Here i am going to discuss the American academy of pediatrics -recommended screen time for kids of all age groups.
- Tangible tips on how to handle toddlers and their addiction to screens?
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE DEVICES like alexa or ok google have paved a way into our homes. They make life so much easier for us adults but what about our younger ones who are exposed to it from such a young age?
- How to stop devices from replacing you in their memories? Yes it’s happening and we aren’t even aware of it.
- EMOTIONAL HAZARDS of social media use among teenagers. Teens have the ability to alter any and every detail about themselves using various social media apps and they get to see the results first hand. Validation in the form of likes and comments only leads to increased dissatisfaction with one’s true self.
- How can we deal with this in a positive way so our teenagers are able to handle themselves better on social media and not get affected by the opinion of their peers or the world?
- Have you heard of the term called – TECH NECK SYNDROME
- If you spend hours hunching over a computer or staring down at a smartphone, you’ve likely been plagued with the pain known as “tech neck.” The condition is caused by repeatedly craning your head down and forward to look at a screen, applying excess pressure on bones and muscles.
- DIGITAL DEMENTIA – It is non Alzheimer’s type dementia that occurs in younger individuals.
- Your children may be at risk for Digital Dementia if they spend hours per day seated in front of technological devices with poor posture and little movement.
You will find some amazing tips and practical advice to deal with the menace of social media and screens.
Do subscribe to my podcast so you will be notified each time a new episode is online.
You can connect with doctormommyspeaks on Instagram
Don’t forget to like, and review our podcast where you listen.
It will help others to find this podcast
And you can visit our website for more such helpful resources. And while you’re at it don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter.
Untill then happy parenting