Hi and welcome back to Doctormommyspeaks Parenting Podcast.
Raising happy children is not just a philosophical concept read in parenting books, it is something that is to be learnt and lived practised daily. I have always given importance to mindful parenting in my talks and that is because kids do grow up on their own without your intervention, but their tiny little brain doesn’t know how to handle this test called life.
It’s our job as parents to teach them how to process various emotions, how to handle situations better. And this isn’t achieved in a week or two. Nor does it come with a manual.
The foundation of good parenting is laid from childhood itself, where you turn everyday moments into teachable ones.
Talking on the same lines we will be discussing some basics of parenting like
- Raising the self esteem of a child
- Rasing happy children
- Maintaining boundaries
To provide us with a tangible approach on all these topics we have with us Mrs Siddhika Goenka a psychologist by profession who has done her MSC in counselling and counsellor education from USA.
She is founder of empowering you- a centre for education, growth and development for children n adults.
She is also a certified story teller and an education consultant.
She takes various classes on confidence building, public speaking, Vocabulary and personality development for age 6 months to 60 years. She also does teacher training and consulting for schools all over India.
She’s a mother of 3 and loves work!
Before we go on with the show notes, do check out my interview with @youmeandkaira
Its great for new moms where i speak about:
- Weaning rules for kids.
- Avoiding colic in babies.
- Causes of breast engorgement and how to treat it.
- How to care for an episiotomy cut/perineal tear?
- And managing two babies under two.
Check the whole interview on
1. Raising self-esteem in children keeping in mind the importance of self-image that is given by today’s society.
2. Raising happy children. I know it sounds cliche but in today’s competitive world where every other person has something more or better than you and its not usually possible for parents to cope up with all the trends so in such situations how do we raise happy children by giving priority to quality v/s quantity.
3. A psychologists view on maintaining boundaries. Also, how can we discipline children without punishments and are there any better ways to do so?
4. Siddhika talks quite a bit about the ABC’s of parenting in her videos, here she sheds some light on that and how understanding these can help us understand our child better.
Find her on instagram
and on Facebook
You can find more resources on parenting by Siddhika on her Youtube channel
Do subscribe to my podcast so you will be notified each time a new episode is online.
You can connect with doctormommyspeaks on Instagram
Don’t forget to like, and review our podcast where you listen.
It will help others to find this podcast
And you can visit our website https://doctormommyspeaks.com/podcasts for all our show notes and any resources mentioned by me or my guests. And while you’re at it don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter.
Untill then happy parenting