Hi everyone and welcome to doctormommyspeaks parenting podcast.
Did you know that your gut is referred to as the second brain because it is physically connected to it? Trying to reduce stress, anxiety and overwhelming feelings begin by working on your gut-brain connection.
In today’s episode, we are going to discover how our gut controls our feeling emotions and our health and how we can tame this little monster.
For giving us more insights into this topic we have with us a special guest all the way from the United Kingdom.
she is registered nutritional therapist, a qualified radionics practitioner (energy healer) wife, and mum to a 4 year old bonnie
she has spent 10 months living in a mud hut in the eastern cape of South Africa working on a community health education programme.
She has a decade of experience working in support for people with substance misuse, domestic violence, homelessness, mental health and was part of the National Troubled Families Agenda providing coaching and parenting support for families in need.
Please welcome Annie Breen
- You often talk about gut bacteria in your online courses as our friends, the happy bugs and fat bugs. Can you introduce us to some of these bug friends of yours and why they are important to us too?
Emotions begin in the GUT.
Trust your GUT feeling.
- we have heard that a lot. What’s the connection between our mood or emotions with the gut?
- As a mom, I am sure most of us can relate to forgetting the keys in the car or losing our phone and wondering are my cognitive abilities declining? Is mom brain a myth or a reality and what’s the science behind it?
- Can you shed some light on irritable bowel syndrome? How to know if we are suffering from it and what are a few common causes of IBS?
- So sometimes when I am really exhausted from the day which is every other day, I eat my kid’s chocolates in the night and help them look for it, the next morning. don’t judge me for craving. But what is the deal with cravings and what do they indicate?
- You talk a lot about the invisible load of motherhood which is so true. And when it becomes unbearable, it can manifest in the form of various psychosomatic disorders. Can you tell us a bit about some common signs and symptoms of this manifestation of stress?
Thats it for today,
You can find Annie on
Do subscribe to my podcast so you will be notified each time a new episode is online.
You can connect with doctormommyspeaks on Instagram
Don’t forget to like, and review our podcast where you listen.
It will help others to find this podcast
And you can visit our website https://doctormommyspeaks.com/podcasts for all our show notes and any resources mentioned by me or my guests. And while you’re at it don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter.